I am 35 years old and I have a very good job with responsibilities. I work 10 to12 hours a day. I do not have any stress but still I cannot get sound sleep at night. Therefore, I feel tired when I get up in the morning. Do you have anything which can make me feel relaxed and give good night sleep?
The real problem with Insomnia is that the lack of sleep prevents an individual from functioning properly the next day. For most people, insomnia last for only a couple of nights. It is just a bad reaction to stress in life—be it personal strife, anxiety, excitement, jetlag or a change in work shift.
Chronic insomnia has more serious implications. It is a symptom which requires a diagnosis. If you are unable to get proper sleep at night, your first step should be to see a doctor, preferably one who has knowledge of sleep-related problems, to get a proper diagnosis of your problem.
These are some tips which can help you establish a routine for your body rhythms and help you get a good night's sleep:
- Avoid coffee late at night. A cup of coffee has enough caffeine to keep some people up late.
- Exercise or workout before bedtime can keep you up longer that you want to. Exercising earlier in the day is a better option.
- Ensure that you establish a proper sleeping environment. Maintain the temperature of your room to your liking and make sure your bed is comfortable.
- Some doctors suggest a glass of mild juice or a banana because they contain tryptophan, an amino acid that is converted into serotonin, which helps induce sleep.
- Avoid taking naps in the afternoon even if you are very tired. It can disturb your night sleep.
- Try to read a book or the news paper before going to bed.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing.
Homeopathy treats a human being “as a whole” which means that it takes into account the role of the body, the mind and the spirit. Homeopathy stimulates the body's energy level and its remedies have no side effects even if it is taken for a long period of time.
Some homeopathic medicines which may help you get go night sleep are:-
Coffea cruda, Nux vomica. Passiflora incarnate.